1.Find the smallest no of 4 digit which is divisible by 34?
Answer– Smallest number of 4 digit is 1000.
If we divide 1000 by 34, we will get
|Find the smallest no of 4 digit which is divisible by 34|
29 as quotient and 14 as remainder.
So 1000 is not exactly divisible by 34.
If we deduct 14 from 1000
1000-14=986 which is a three digit number but exactly divisible by 34.
If we add 34 to the 986, we will get the next number which will be divisible by 34.
Hence 1020 is the smallest number which is exactly divisible by 34.
2. Write the name of five systems of numeration found in the history of mathematics?
Answer- Here is the list of some different number system available in the
History of Mathematics.
- The Mayan Number System
- The Egyptian Number system
- The Greek Number System
- The Babylonian Number System
- The Hindu-Arabic Numeral system
3. The Least Prime number is:
Answer- the Least Prime number is 2.
4. What is a Prime Number?
Answer: – A number other than 1 is said to be prime if its only factors are 1 and the number itself.
5. The unit digit in the product
Answer-product of unit digits = 4*8*7*3=672.
Here unit digit is =2 (is the unit digit in the product).
So Answer is 2.
6. Is 229 a prime number or what are the factors of 229?
Answer- Yes 229 is a prime number.
Factors of 229 are 1 and 229 itself.
7. If a and b are two odd numbers, then which of the following is even?
a. a + b
Answer is a. The sum of two odd numbers is even so a + b is even.
8. How do you determine if a number is odd or even?
Answer-A number which is not exactly divisible by 2 is an odd number.
And the number which is divisible by 2 is an even number or the number ends with 0,2,4,6,8 as its unit digit is an even number.
9. How many tens is 70?
Answer- 7 tens
7 tens make 70.